Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hello September...

FALL is finally here! I am so happy! Don't get me wrong, as a kid summer was my favorite season. No school, swimming all the time, girl scout camp, etc. But now in the real world summer is not as much fun. Turns out you can't take off to go swimming or for ice cream or any other fun thing summer makes you think of. So for the past couple of years fall has steadily creeped up to being my favorite season. What makes it so great you ask?

1. SOUPS
2. Holidays (Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, My Birthday, Christmas)
3. Colder weather leading into SNOW
4. Hoodies
5. Scarves

Really I could go on & on. I am also super pumped this year because I have finished my masters degree & gotten the first week of school where I work out of the way so things can slowly start calming down for me. This weekend marks the first fall holiday: Labor Day. I am excited because Sean & I along with my sister & her family are going to visit my dad in Texas for the long weekend. This is exciting for multiple reasons (I love spending time with my family, I love mini vacations, etc.) BUT also because I get to go to my favorite book store ever: Half-Price Books! It has been years and years since I have got to visit one so I am hoping I haven't hyped it up too much in my head, but I am hoping to come away with a bunch of books!

Speaking of books, I guess I could get to the actual reasoning behind this blog and say what I've been reading lately. To recap for July & August here is what I've been reading:

1. The Selection by Kiera Cass
2. The Elite by Kiera Cass
3. The One by Kiera Cass
4. The Heir by Kiera Cass
5. Return to You by Samantha Chase
6. Pierced by Sydney Landon
7. Fractured by Sydney Landon
8. Mended by Sydney Landon
9. Kissing Frogs by Rich Amooi
10. Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot
11. Princess in Love by Meg Cabot
12. Princess in Waiting by Meg Cabot
13. Princess in Pink by Meg Cabot 
14. Princess in Training by Meg Cabot
15. Party Princess by Meg Cabot 

So basically I have been really into series' lately. I LOVED the Selection series by Kiera Cass. The bad part about it is it's still going on so now I have to wait on the next book to come out. I hate waiting. The Princess Diaries books make me so happy. I read the first two books when I was 12 because my mom got them for me for my birthday. I know I have read the majority of them over the years but I recently decided I wanted to reread them and start at the beginning. I am on book 8 now and I think I'm starting to come on ones I haven't read before. This one is more hazy than others so I'm thinking it was probably the last one I read when I was younger. That makes me happy cause I have three more in the series after this one and its more fun when you don't know what is going to happen. 

So that's what I've been up to lately. Hopefully I can start posting more frequently again soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment