Tuesday, August 8, 2017

An Ode to Liane Moriarty


SURPRISE! It's a blog post about books instead of Piper! Who knew I remembered how to do this anymore... crazy times!

But for real. Since April I've been reading one particular author, Liane Moriarty, whenever I had the chance, aka whenever the books became available at the library. I LOVE them. I love her writing style, the characters, the story lines, etc etc. So I've decided to rank her books in order of my favorites :) The title's are hyperlinks to the goodreads page for each book.

1. What Alice Forgot
2. 3 Wishes
3. Big Little Lies
4. The Last Anniversary
5. The Husband's Secret
6. Truly Madly Guilty 
7. The Hypnoist Love Story

Ranking them was pretty hard because I genuienly really like all of the books, esp the top 5. The Hypnotist Love Story just seemed to drag on to me and Truly Madly Guilty had way too slow of a start for my taste. 
  
I think I liked What Alice Forgot the most because Alice has amnesia and believes herself to be pregnant with her first child. I read this when Piper was about 6 months old so I could relate to all the pregnancy thoughts, fears, excitement, etc because it was all still so fresh for me. 

Big Little Lies almost beat out 3 Wishes for the number two spot because its story line is fantastic and there are so many twists and turns, but in the end I loved the triplet sisters that starred in 3 wishes too much to knock them down to third. 

I will say one thing to know going into her books is that they are all set in Australia. It took the first book for me to adjust to the difference because of this and then I stopped noticing it.   

If you are looking for a new book or author to read I highly recommend Liane Moriarty! Her books are all standalone so you can read them in whatever order you prefer. I promise you will not be disappointed! She is one of the best, if not the best, authors I've ever read at connecting so many different characters and story lines in so many different ways. I would bet if I went back and reread the books I would find new connections I missed the first go around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment