Monday, January 7, 2019

December Reads

A week into 2019! Guess I should update my December reads for the 3 (maybe) of you who read them, Hi Debbie! hahahaha

So I actually didn't read a ton in December. I blame the holidays lol but here they are:

The Spectacular Now
Nine Perfect Strangers

I actually watched the movie to The Spectacular Now about 5 years ago without realizing it was a book After I watched it my friend Debbie and I were talking about it because she was reading it but I was like oh well too late now. Well seeing as it's 5 years later & I wanted something to read, I decided to give it a shot. Enough time had passed and books and movies always differ enough that I wasn't bored and I did enjoy the book. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone & Sutter is kinda a unreliable narrator, but at the end of the day despite his flaws you still root for him.

The next three books are a trilogy by Jenny Han. I'd been wanting to read it for monthssss but since Netflix just made a movie over the first one the wait list was insane. I finally ended up buying the 1st one when I had both the other two downloaded from the library. Totally worth it. I don't reread a lot of books, in fact I can think of 2 off the top of my head that I reread about once a year and that's it (they are, in case you're curious ;) The Summerhouse & the Just One Day series) but I can see this series becoming one that I reread from time to time. I love Lara Jean & of courseeee I love Peter Kavinsky, But really all the characters in the series are good  & even the netflix movie is good! I can't wait to see what they do for the second. But I highly recommend reading the books before watching the movies!

Nine Perfect Strangers is a book I've been waiting on for about a year! It's by one of my favorite authors ever, Liane Moriarty. I want to say this will go into my top 5 list of her books. She has such a way with characters, but the setting in this one was so much more dramatically suspenseful that it beats out a few of my other favorite books of her (But it doesn't beat out What Alice Forgot because I will always love that one!).

So anyways, there's my sad little December reads list! I expect more in January seeing as I'm already on book 2 and have two more downloaded currently :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment