Thursday, April 23, 2015

Oops.

 

I just realized April is almost over & I haven't posted once. Whoops. In my defense I have been reading a ton. Lately on the days I have been reading I've been reading about a book a day. That is because my friend Mistie has recommended all these romance novels. Before this month I think I'd maybe read like one... maybe. I just never cared for them. I couldn't relate. They were all about older men with fancy jobs who rescue the young woman and it just wasn't for me. However, these ones Mistie showed me are all about college students so its much easier to relate. It's like a little Rom-Com packed into a book. I think the thing I dislike the most is how the authors feel like they have to tie everything up with a perfect little bow. I mean yeah its sweet, but not exactly all that realistic. It is OKAY if the girl doesn't get EVERYTHING. She got a lot of things, she doesn't need the pony, and the jet, and the pool too (clearly an exaggeration but ya know).

Anyways, I know this wasn't an actual post really. More of just me rambling, but whatever, you read it. If I don't post before, I will post at the end of the month with all the books I have been reading & will say which ones were my favorite and which were just okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment