Wednesday, March 7, 2018

House Updates- Entry Way

So one of my favorite things to do in my spare time is to find home improvement/decorating blogs & then stalk them. Two of my favorites are Russet Street Reno and Newly Woodwards. That being said I've had the home renovating itch here lately but on a poor man's budget ;) 

We bought our house in Novemeber 2014 & I still love it. But that doesn't mean I'm not constantly redoing it in my head ;) Luckily for me, I am psycho & took pics of almost every room a few months after we moved in. It's so fun to me to look back and see what all's been changed in the last 3ish years. 

I plan on updating the blog & showcasing all the changes in the next few months. I'm in the process of updating some rooms currently, so I will start with an easy one, the entry way LOL

Here is the entry way when we first moved in:



And here it is now:




To be honest I would still much rather have a bench here with built in cubbies/hooks for coats, shoes, and other random stuff, but maybe one day :) I do love this bookcase, in fact we have another one in the living room for the tv. So while I know the entry way really doesn't matter much I still like ours & it serves its purpose (ie is a perfectly fine place for Sean to throw his keys and wallet down on when he comes in). I also love that it gives most of our board games a home. The rug matches our bigger area rug in the living room & since these rooms are open to each other I like the matchy-matchiness.

Side note: I had to put the picture frames and decorational bowl of balls out for this picture and then put them back up because of course those are Piper's favorite toys if we leave them out. & when I went to put the picture frames in their cubbies I discovered that Stella thinks she's found the purrrfect hiding place hahaha

    

No comments:

Post a Comment