Friday, January 16, 2015

TGIF

Thank goodness it's Friday! I feel like I've never been more excited to say that (I say that every week)!

First things first I'm the realest....

Just kidding. Sorta. No, but really, the first thing is I finally finished a book for the year! So that puts me at 1/100 for my main goal & 1/50 for my book list, but more on all that in a bit. 

I feel like I've been neglecting my blog a little lately & that makes me sad. I love writing whatever pops into my brain & sharing all my book loves with the world. However, I guess if I wanted to do that all the time I'd have to quit my day job..... hahaha yeah right.

Speaking of my day job, as I've mentioned before, I work at a University & this was the first week with students back which made this week a super crazy busy one. So that was fun. Add in that I was finally convinced to go to the doctor yesterday after being sick for the past month & you get a glimpse into the fun packed week I had. But it is over now (I took a sick day today since I got no sleep & feel like my body hates the bajillion medications I'm on), work should begin to let up some (haha in my dreams at least), I should be on the mend health wise, & I have a super awesome three day weekend ahead of me. And by super awesome I mean filled with reading & catching up on some tv shows of course! 

So now that I am through whining, why don't I get back to the actual reason for the blog, books, & the fact that I finally found time to finish one! Go me! I just finished The Dive From Clausen's Pier by Ann Packer. On my book list it is also known as #17 A book a friend recommended. Said friend was my coworker, Debbie! I love working with people who also love to read. Sharing books is the best. I never would have even thought about reading The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare if my other reading buddy/coworker Mistie hadn't convinced me to, & now it is easily one of my favorite series ever. 

The Dive From Clausen's Pier was a good book. It started out kind of slow for me so the reading dragged out a little longer than I would have liked. Also, it was an actual book as opposed to an ebook which made it harder for me to read as often as I would have liked. But overall I liked the characters and was interested in the main character's (Carrie)
struggle. I think I will post a book review of it sometime during my three day weekend. I may not do a review of every book from my book goals or my book list this year but I am gonna try to do as many as possible. After all, that's half the point of having the blog! 

So please stay tuned as I hope to become more diligent in my blog posting soon. I hope everyone has a great three day weekend (if you get one) & that if you've set any New Year's Resolutions that your are still going strong! Happy Friday, y'all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment