Saturday, November 15, 2014

10 of My Favorite Authors

Today, I decided to share my favorite authors. The order is not reflective of who I like more because that would be wayyy too difficult. I also am not including authors who write series, I will include them in a later post. So, lets begin!

1. Mary Higgins Clark. Clark write suspense fiction books. I have read just about all of her books and I love them! I am always on the edge of my seat trying to guess who the bad guy is. 

2. Sarah Dessen. Dessen is a YA author who writes primarily teen romantic comedies. The main character is almost always (if not always) a teenage girl typically new to town and the struggles she encounters. The characters are always super easy to relate to.

3. Laurie Halse Anderson. Anderson is also a YA author but her books are more dark & twisty than Dessen's. Her books tend to have a central theme of depression, eating disorders, rapes, etc. These are not books you want to read if you need a happy book.

4. James Patterson. I just recently started reading Patterson & I love his series the Woman's Murder Club (I know, I know, I said I wasn't including series authors, so sue me ;)). Patterson is also a suspense writer.

5. Nicholas Sparks. Oh how I love to read a book by Sparks. His characters are so realistic & his stories are easy to fall into. His books can have sad features, in fact I tend to cry every time I read one, but they are happy too. 

6. Gillian Flynn. Oh my goodness! Her books are crazy good. They are super suspenseful & always have me on the edge of my seat! Also, some of the characters are seriously INSANE. Flynn is definitely one of the best authors I have ever read.

7. Gayle Forman. Forman wrote the If I Stay series which I loved, but she has also written several other books. She has a unique voice and her characters really come to life. She writes YA fiction and I can't wait to read more of her books.

8. Harlan Coben. Coben is another suspense writer. What I love about his books is there are always several different main characters and in the end all of their stories end up connected in ways you never would have expected. 

9. Sue Grafton. So sorry, this is another series writer. But I wanted to include her because I have listed just about all my other favorite suspense writers. Grafton writes the alphabet series. I love the main character & I love that there are so many books in the series, it's like the fun never ends!

10. John Grisham. Grisham's books tend to have a legal perspective, centering around lawyers, judges, juries, or fugitives. They are serious and take a lot of focus (for me at least). Usually after I finish one I need a light easy book to read next. They are very interesting though & I tend to learn a lot while I read them.

So there you have ten of my favorite authors. You probably gathered I tend to read either YA books or suspense books. I also love humor books, some of my favorite comedians (Mindy Kaling, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, & Chelsea Handler to name a few) have books & I LOVE reading them. They are hilarious. One of these days I will do a post over my favorite series/trilogies. Thanks for reading :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment