Thursday, November 13, 2014

Where it all began...

So this is my very first blog ever. I've recently gotten into reading other people's blogs, mostly home decorating ones & decided I wanted to give it a try. So here we go, wish me luck!

You know in school how everyone has something they're good at? I was not that kid. I am not sporty. I am not a braniac. I am perfectly average in most things. However, I am an excellent reader. Yes. I am that person who brags about reading. What is worse about that being my identifier is I don't read classics. I read some classics, for example To Kill a Mockingbird & Pride and Prejudice. But that's about it. Hook me up with a good YA series and I am set. 


Recently my husband and I were talking about talents. He is a very talented artist in his spare time. We talked about that for a bit and then it came time to talk about my talent. I of course brought up reading as it is the only thing I have going for myself. He literally laughed out loud at me. Apparently, reading isn't a talent. He did not care how fast I could read or that I tend to read a few books in a week. None of that mattered. So what happened when I asked him to point out my talent? He patted my hand & said I am very nice. That in itself shows how talent less I am because anyone who knows me has never used "nice" to describe me. I am bossy. I am energetic. I am hilarious, sarcastic, anti-social, & driven to name a few, but not nice. This isn't to say I am not nice as a person in general, I am I swear. But to have nice be my talent? I think that is much more sad than saying reading is my talent.


After that conversation I decided that if I was going to continue claiming reading as my talent than I needed to actually share my talent with the world. So that is the primary purpose of this blog; to share my opinions on books I read. I have recently finished The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare and am currently reading The Confession by John Grisham. I love YA fiction, but I also enjoy mystery & suspense. I am a HUGE advocate of always reading the book before seeing the movie version. 


& seeing as I have plenty to do currently, my first book review will have to wait for another day. But if you somehow managed to end up at this blog, please come back if you also enjoy reading/consider it your talent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment