Friday, November 14, 2014

Would you rather... Book Edition


Today, I found a Would You Rather survey for books! Seeing as I am still getting used to blogging I decided to post it & my answers. This will also help anyone who does not personally know me get a sense of the types of books I enjoy reading and will end up reviewing. Here goes :)

Would you rather...

1. Read only trilogies or a series OR stand-alone books?
Easy Peasy. While I love stand alone books I pick series. I get so emotionally invested into books. I am always so mad when they end. The longer the series the better!

2. Read a book whose main character is male OR female?
For this one I have to go with female. I usually can't relate as much to male perspectives. I am fixing to start the Maze Runner series by James Dashner though and that is a male perspective so perhaps it will change my point of view. 

3. Shop only at Barnes & Noble (or other actual bookstore) OR Amazon?
I actually do not buy a ton of books. Most of the time I get books from the library (insert Bridesmaids joke... "Help me, I'm poor") But my library has a really cool app where I can read books on my Kindle app through Amazon. So for that reason, I pick Amazon.

4. All books become movies OR tv shows?
This one is hard. Most of my favorite books turn into movies. However, I did read the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard when I was in high school & I love the tv show. Overall, I think movies usually try a little harder to stick with the main story line which is what I want, so they get my vote. 

5. Read 5 pages per day OR read 5 books per week?
5 books per week most definitely. Although, I would have to give up a lot of other stuff. I usually read about 2-3 books a week depending on what else is going on in my life & if I have access to new books.

6. Be a professional book reviewer OR an author?
Growing up I wanted to be an author more than anything. Then I grew up and realized I hate grammar. Getting paid to read books though? Sounds like a dream, sign me up please!

7.  Only read the same 20 books over and over OR get to read a new book every 6 months?
As hard as it would be to only get a new book every 6 months I would have to go with that one. I love rereading books but nothing is better than diving into a brand new book, especially if you had to wait 6 months to get it!

8. Be a librarian OR own a book store?
I would choose librarian. 1. free books & 2. you could help shape someone's whole reading life.

9. Only read your favorite genre OR your favorite author?
I love authors & love when they have multiple books. But, I think I will have to go with genre because what happens if the author died? Then you would only have however many books they wrote in their lifetime. 

10. Only read physical books OR eBooks?
Well like i said above, my library has an app where I can read on my Kindle app. Don't get me wrong, I love having an actual book. But eBooks are easier. I can read anywhere. And in today's generation everyone is on their phone 24/7 when hanging out with people but if I was to break out a book, I would be rude. Therefore, I stealth read on my phone when with friends. 

So that wraps up my Would You Rather survey-book edition! Perhaps you learned something new about me. Or maybe not. Whatevs. I think my next post will be my first review. Leaning towards doing it on If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I read it a few weeks ago & really enjoyed it. I have also read Where She Went by Gayle Forman which is the follow-up novel. Both were super good & I am sad there will not be any more in the series. So stick around, and maybe eventually I'll review a book! 

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is super pretty! Thanks for commenting and following me on my blog, I tried to follow your blog but I didn't know how! If you could get back to me I'll be sure to follow ya back! :p

    Chelsea @ http://abooktastic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I just put a follow tab... but I could be wrong! Still trying to get used to it! Please let me know if it works :)

      Delete