Friday, November 21, 2014

Leen's Lovable Lads

Today I decided to do a post on my favorite male characters in books. I am super guilty of falling for fictional dudes... why can't they be that perfect in real life?? This is by no means all of my favorites, nor did I list them in any particular order. 


1. Tobias/Four from Divergent. Not only did I love him in the books, but helloooo have you seen Theo James. They did a great job casting him. What I loved about Tobias was that he was always looking out for Tris & taught her how to fight so that then they could fight and be bad a's together. 


2. Peeta from The Hunger Games. Sweet, sweet Peeta. Finally the good guy wins. I will admit when I read the first book I loved Gale & thought they should be together but I quickly changed my mind and became team Peeta. Which is surprising because normally I stick with my first choice.


3. Jace from The Mortal Instruments. Jace can irritate me to no end when he's being stubborn in the books, but towards the end of the series he begins to open up more & let Clary in and I loved that. I loved that he finally opened up to love completely.

4. Alec from The Mortal Instruments. Oh sweet Alec. Alec is such a protector of the things he loves and I think that is a very admirable trait to have. Alec also gets super funny towards the end of the series & you realize he's probably been funny all along but used to keep it all inside.


5. Adam from If I Stay. Like I said in my book review of If I Stay, I love Adam. He is such a good guy. I really enjoyed being able to read from his point of view in Where She Went. His feelings and emotions were very real & easy to relate to.


6. Jaime from Lock and Key. Jaime was the main characters brother-in-law & he was such a great guy! Had never met her before and let her into his home & was able to change her life so much. Obviously, her sister helped a lot too, but that is expected. She is blood family. I think another reason I liked Jaime is because he reminded me of my own brother-in-law who has been so wonderful to me over the years.


7. Alex from Delirium. Poor Alex. He's got a rough life in this trilogy but I am happy with the way things turned out for him. At times it was hard reading about him cause I hated some of the things he had to endure. I really can't say more without going into spoilers, but I was team Alex in this series. 


8. Adam from Six Months Later. I need to do a review on this book cause it was pretty crazy, but in a good way. What I loved about Adam was he starts out as the "bad guy" & you shouldn't want Chloe to be with him, but you do anyways. It shows that you can't always judge someone just on their outer exterior, aka don't judge a book by it's cover ;)


9. Snape from Harry Potter. Probably one of the best characters EVER. You have no idea what side of the field he's playing for. Is he team Voldy or team Dumbledore? Good or Evil? Hates Harry or Loves Harry? & I also love that you don't actually get to find out till the very end. 


10. Nick from Gone Girl. Sad, pathetic Nick. Poor guy had no idea he was marrying the devil. There were times when reading the book where I HATED Nick. & then I would realize it was mind games & he was a victim and I actually felt very bad for him. If you have not read this book, I strongly suggest you do! It was amazing & insane all wrapped up into one. 

Most of the books listed have turned into movies by now. I highly recommend reading the books first! & if you've already seen the movies, I still recommend the books because all the extra details are wonderful. Anyways, Happy Friday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment