Monday, December 1, 2014

Day of Birth

Oh, hello! I took a wee bit of a break from blogging because I have been super busy in my personal life! My husband & I bought our first home, so that was time consuming and then the Thanksgiving holidays kept me busy as well. But now I am back!

Because I was so busy I didn't get to get a ton of reading done, but I did finally finish The Confession by John Grisham. I don't think I am going to do a full review over this book though because I prefer to do reviews over YA books. However, I will say it was a really good book & it was kind of crazy that I read in while all the Ferguson craziness was happening. The book featured intense racial tensions & rioting. It was a little slow getting into it, but once I committed myself to it I got very involved in the story.

So that's that. Today is my birthday, so yay me! Both my parents gave me $$$ so I have of course decided to just buy books with it. I have picked out these ones currently:


1. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

2. You by Caroline Kepnes

3. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, & Sarah Rees Brennan

I still have some wiggle room so I'm thinking of getting a few more. Suggestions are welcome! I am fixing to start reading The Maze Runner series by James Dashner. I have heard really good things about it, but am worried since it is told from a male perspective. I tend to relate better to girl main characters, but I am still going to give it a try!

Also, went & saw Mockingjay Part 1 last night! I was pretty pleased with it. I purposely didn't reread the book prior to going because then I would only focus on what they changed and I wanted to enjoy it & I did. Now I can reread the book and pick out the flaws should I choose to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment